The Wawa Family Health Team’s Diabetes Management program was implemented in 2007.
Care is provided to patients through clinics where they are seen every three to six months by either a Nurse, or a physician. These visits provide clients with the tools necessary to improve self management and individual clinical outcomes.
The visiting patients will:
- Have their blood pressure and weight taken
- Review recent laboratory tests
- Have their feet examined
- Discuss lifestyle modifiable areas e.g. exercise, smoking
- Receive a referral to check your eyes if needed
- Have medications adjusted as needed
Canadian Diabetes Association
Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation
The Kidney Foundation
Canadian Hypertension Society