Warfarin Therapy Management
Warfarin Management Program
The warfarin therapy management program is designed and supervised by a multi-disciplinary healthcare team to provide high quality, personalized care for program participants taking long term warfarin.
About Warfarin Therapy
Warfarin, an oral anticoagulant is a medication taken to reduce the formation of blood clots.
The goal of the program is to provide a standardized approach to warfarin management, optimization of patient outcomes, and to reduce events related to adverse effects.
This Registered Nurse managed program provides:
- Review your current prescription medications, over-the-counter medications and supplements to check for possible drug interactions with your warfarin.
- Monitor your lab results for your Pro-time (INR).
- Adjust your warfarin dosage as necessary.
- Communicate your results to you and your Provider.
- Interact with your Physician, regarding warfarin-related issues.