The Wawa Family Health Team prides itself in the women’s health services that it is able to provide.
About Women’s Health Services
The Wawa Family Health Team prides itself in the women’s health services that it is able to provide. Providers include: nurse practitioners, registered nurses and family physicians.
Services provided are confidential and include:
- Pregnancy and postnatal care.
- Cervical cancer screening, and referral for breast cancer screening.
- Medical abortions.
- Contraception (including contraceptive pills and injections, IUD insertion, vasectomy referral and referral for tubal ligation).
- Sexual health.
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) diagnosis and treatment.
- Menopausal and peri-menopausal care.
- Morning-after pill prescription (also available over-the-counter at Ontario pharmacies).
- Uterine/bladder prolapse.
- Referral to women’s health specialists.