The Wawa Family Health Team prides itself in the women’s health services that it is able to provide. Providers include: nurse practitioners, registered nurses and family physicians.
Services provided are confidential and include:
- Pregnancy and postnatal care.
- Cervical cancer screening, and referral for breast cancer screening.
- Medical abortions.
- Contraception (including contraceptive pills and injections, IUD insertion, vasectomy referral and referral for tubal ligation).
- Sexual health.
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) diagnosis and treatment.
- Menopausal and peri-menopausal care.
- Morning-after pill prescription (also available over-the-counter at Ontario pharmacies).
- Uterine/bladder prolapse.
- Referral to women’s health specialists.